Belt Scales for all types of materials and conveyors
About belt scales
When material can be conveyed on a belt it can also be weighed – rock, wood chips, oranges, fish or whatever. Belt scales from S-E-G are used in more than 30 countries. Rugged, dependable scales for heavy duty use. Over 10 000 delivered scales have taught us everything there is to know in conveyor weighing.
• Robust design with few moving parts for minimum maintenance, long life and good economy.
• From simple flows metering to precision weighing. Available in all EU certification classes.
• Clear information in plain text, alarm- and control signals. Intelligent automatic calibration.
• Standardized modules for short delivery time, simple installation and safe spare part availability.
• Simple installation with minimum conveyor intervention, adjustable to existing belt profiles.
• Patented design eliminates errors caused by side- and friction forces.
• Heavy duty load cell in protected location. Built in overload protection.
• Standard units for 400 – 2 500 mm belt width with precision idler set or used with existing idler sets.
Mass flow feeders
S-E-G was founded in 1953 as a spin-off of wind tunnel testing at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. Three engineers; Arne Soderholm, Pehr Engstrom and Ake Gustafsson, S-E-G, using strain gauge measurement in aircraft designs, where asked to use their knowledge to design equipment for industrial electronic weighing.
Directly from start we designed and manufactured all of our main products. These included load cells using the company’s own strain gauges and electronic equipment for different kinds of scales. Mechanical accessories for application were also in the product line.